- Subject matter
- LIFE is the controller of your data and will process your personal data in accordance with applicable law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our contact details are listed at the end of this Policy.
- Please also see LIFE’s Terms & Conditions that should be read in accordance with this policy.
- What data do we process?
- In connection to registration, we process first name, last name, email address, phone number, job title, organization name, address and country.
- In connection to your use of our website, we process cookies. Please see below for further details.
- How do we use your data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For you to be able to register and attend the event.
- If you are a speaker or moderator at our event, we process your personal data for you to be able to register to an event and attend. Your personal data like name, last name, occupation, workplace, photo and biography can be also made publicly available for marketing and informative purposes on our website (at the time of writing this is: www.leadersinfinance.nl/events) and social network profiles (LinkedIn) and on printable materials.
- Please be aware that we may take photographs and video material at our events and we may use these materials on our website (www.leadersinfinance.nl/events), Youtube and social network profiles (LinkedIn) to enhance awareness of our events. If you are not comfortable with any material published containing your image, you can inform us accordingly and we will refrain from using such an image in the future.
- to provide support services;
- to send you information requested by you;
- to send you information about new events, new products or services that may be relevant for you;
- to ask you to participate in surveys and to manage the outcome of surveys in which you have participated;
- to satisfy statutory obligations of LIFE, such as obligations regarding bookkeeping and tax law;
- to enable LIFE to enforce and defend its rights in disputes;
- to improve your online experience on our websites;
- for any other purposes made known to you beforehand.
- Legal grounds for processing
When LIFE processes your personal data, such processing will be based on any of the following grounds listed in the GDPR, specified below:
- Compliance with a legal obligation to which LIFE is subject. LIFE is legally obligated to process certain personal data, for example to comply with bookkeeping and tax obligations;
- Your consent. In some cases, LIFE processes your personal data based on your consent. You have the right to withdraw the consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- Legitimate interests of LIFE. We process personal data on the basis of legitimate interests of LIFE, for example to analyze the effectiveness of our services;
- Website cookies
The following Cookies are used by LIFE:
Google Analytics uses (analytical):
These analytical Cookies are used to improve the Leaders of Finance website by, for example monitoring the number of users of our website. These Cookies are placed by Leaders in Finance or by third parties during your visit of our website. They have a duration of two (2) years.
Cloudflare uses (functional):
The cookie accept bar uses (functional):
- Data retention
- Sharing personal data with third parties
- Based on participants consent, we may share their contact details with our event partners, as listed on the event website, for follow-up communication, including marketing. We ask the participants for such consent during the event registration. Your personal data will be processed by the event partners in compliance with their privacy policies.
- We may make use of processors to support certain of our business functions, such as IT providers that offer storage services. If and insofar as these third parties process your personal data while doing this, they will do so on the basis of a processing agreement in accordance with the GDPR.
- We will only supply your personal data to surveillance, tax and investigative authorities if we are obliged by law to do so.
We maintain measures to avoid unauthorized access to, alteration, disclosure or loss of your personal data.
- Links to websites of others
Our websites may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. These third party websites may process your personal data. LIFE is not responsible for such processing.
- Your rights
- Please be informed that you have the right to obtain information about the processing of your personal data by us (right of access). Should you wish to obtain such information, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- In addition to the right of access you have the right:
- of data portability, if applicable;
- to restrict processing by us of your personal data;
- to review and rectify/correct your personal data; and
- in certain cases, to have your personal data erased.
- You may notify us at any time that you no longer wish to receive newsletters or other commercial messages from us via e-mail by sending an email to [email protected]. We will process your notification in due course and remove you from our mailing list.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the Dutch Data Protection Authority, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, or the competent supervisory authority in your country.
- When we ask for your data, we will indicate which data fields are optional. If you fail to provide us with the obligatory information, we may not be able to adhere to your request.
- We reserve the right to refuse any requests if your identity cannot be demonstrated by you and/or we can invoke any of the exceptions stated in the GDPR. In such case, we will inform you of the refusal.
- Information about LIFE
Leaders in Finance Events B.V. – based in Driebergen-Rijsenburg, The Netherlands. Mail: [email protected] (please email for the postal address)